Friday, August 8, 2008

Vampires, Rockstars & Way Too Many Females

Sorry for the last post. Apparently it made Kaitlin make an ugly face...too bad Kellie and her camera weren't around. If it was too awkward for anyone who reads this (who reads this shit anyway?) I apologize. Although really I shouldn't because this is a blog...and those were my thoughts. 

Anywho, tonight we went to the Breaking Dawn Concert thing at UCLA and it was AMAZING!!! I ran into my friend Gaby and also Lauren! Funny story: we were heading into line to get in and right before my sister spotted  Gaby I was looking at the line and saw a familiar blonde. In my head I went "Wow. Its Catherine Hardwicke (the director of Twilight). Should I say something? I don't really have anything for an autograph or picture. Oh well" and continued walking. Turns out, other people were not so calm about her presence (in line no less!) and promptly formed a mob/queue to get her autograph or picture. My sister got her to sign her copy of Twilight (the book obviously). That was interesting. 

There was lots of snarky comments from the peanut gallery (i.e. me, kaitlin, emily, and jennie) about various things. One woman sitting in front of us was WAY too enthusiastic for my taste (especially at her age!) and at one point she stood up and I said "Sit down, crazy!" really loud and Kaitlin laughed, which is basically why I keep her around. So sometimes I can believe I am funny. They started doing a trivia thing to keep people in their seats (which was unsuccessful) and I figured out really quick that she was asking the same questions I asked at the BD party on Friday. It was really funny. Especially when I started yelling out the answer before the question was over. My favorite was when she realized she was going to have to read the options out loud so I saved her the time and just yelled out "C!" because I was painfully familiar with these questions. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in acquiring a shirt or Stephenie's signature under the Muse dedication (as was my intent). 

One more interesting/nerdy story. We were standing in line in the hall and the whole time they were playing the playlists from the books. I, of course, was singing along when strangely "The Killing Moon" by Echo & The Bunnymen comes on. Now, having spent how many hours compiling this exact grouping of songs, I am intimately familiar with the tracks that are on it. This song is not. As a matter of fact this song is on a playlist on my computer called "Bella and Jacob". This playlist is on a cd that I personally gave to Stephenie Meyer last year when she was doing signings for Eclipse. Hmmm...coincidence? I don't know. Maybe she actually listened to the shit. That'd be pretty cool. This year I gave her some B-side music from Muse that she may or may not already have. 

The night was finished off with a trip to In-N-Out. YUM! ...*shifty eyes* sorry weight watchers...

Tomorrow is 08-08-08...what are YOU doing?

2 comments:

Fatty Pants said...

I thought it was a FUNNY face!! :(

God said...

It was funny to me! hahaha! just kidding. it wasn't ugly, a little concerned and freaked out.