Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Leaving for Yosemite tomorrow. I am so unprepared and lack the proper motivation to pack my necessities. Plus, I have to wait until my laundry is done and so far I have one load in the dryer and one in the washer. I also have 3 loads waiting on my bed. Ugh. And I have yet to figure out what I'm putting my clothes in. I can't take my suitcase cause its too cumbersome and I'm fairly certain I don't have a duffle bag. Should be interesting.

On the up side, I totally can't wait for four days off work. Tomorrow will be my 7th day in a row working. Needless to say, I am exhausted. On a tangent, why do people say "needless to say" and then say that which is supposed to be obvious? If you're gonna just say it anyway, wouldn't that make the "needless to say" unnecessary? Or, needless? Language is a funny thing.

3 comments:

Kellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellie said...

Ugh, my last comment got weird and had some weird HTML stuff so I deleted it. Here's what I wanted to say:

My mom is always finishing paragraphs or sentences with "in regards to that." And I think, what does that mean? Why does she keep saying that? "In regards to that?" It's completely unnecessary.

But then I realized that a lot of people just have transitional words they use to signal they're finished speaking. Or when they start speaking.

Maggie likes to say "I'm not gonna lie." That seems like a given, but yet she still says it.

Ken says "The reality is..." What else would it be? Fantasy?

I like to say "clearly" when it usually is.

Anyway, lots of people just like their little phrases. When said enough, it makes that phrase special to them even if it's a common phrase. You should start saying, "needless to say" more often.

Joshua David Reyes said...

Bonnie is so hawt