Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Haven't updated cause my frequent postings were met with a decided lack of comments so I didn't think anyone was reading this shit. I like comments. Maybe its vain of me, but overwhelming lack of response makes me think that I'm being stupid and no one cares about what I've written. It probably all stems from some part of my childhood (doesn't everything?), but its a character flaw that seems to be here to stay. I need feedback. Smiley faces will do.

Anyway, today was interesting. We went to the beach (we being Kennya, Margeaux, Nate, Rey and I) and had lots o' fun playing in the water, reading, eating, and playing with the football and frisbee.

We then swung by Menchies for some delish yogurt and headed back to the mall to drop off Margeaux. Nate and Kennya were traveling in Kennya's car and taking a different route. So we were going down Vanowen and right before Tampa my speakers just die. Bummed out, I commented on their death. Then as I pulled into the left turn lane, my signal didn't work so I was like "Shit, my battery is fucked. I'll try to get us back to Borders". Stupid me forgot that it was Farmer's Market and got in the left turn lane by Borders. I could feel my car dying as we waited FOREVER to turn. Right before our turn my car died. Rey got out and pushed me forward so the rest of the cars behind me could still make their turn. Kennya then pulled up behind me to offer aid. Rey decided to push me in reverse to the small residential street across from the mall. That done, Kennya came over and gave me a jump.

So with my battery sort of working, we headed to my house. We missed the left turn light at Nordhoff and Reseda and decided to go straight to Rayen and take the back way. Unfortunately, my car started to die as I made my turn. We only got to the corner of Rayen and Nestle before it died again and I had to call my sister for a jump. That done, I was finally home.

My sister, in a rare show of consideration, decided to make us dinner. While we were waiting for the manicotti to cool, she asked me to make some garlic bread. I decided not to use the whole loaf since 2/3 of it was more than enough for 2 people. So, after applying butter and garlic salt, I placed it in the broiler as directed by my sister. I then put away the butter and such and noticed it smelled a little like the bread was burning, but it was an elusive scent so I ignored it. Less than a minute later I asked my sister what that smell was, to which she replied "That's just the bread". But I was like "It smells bad, though". So, I went to check on it and when I opened the broiler the bread was on fire. On freakin' fire! So I was like "Dude, its totally on fire" and closed the broiler and turned it off. Emily went running to the fire extinguisher (which I'm pretty sure expired like 10 years ago) which I didn't think was necessary. As she aimed it, I told her to wait and opened the broiler. The bread was only slightly aflame and as I was about to blow it out (which totally would've worked) she fired the stupid fire extinguisher RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Not cool breathing in that shit. We then scrambled to open all windows and get the manicotti out of there. It was a little chaotic and our whole house was filled with that shit for a good half hour.

It was highly amusing though. After the first five minutes, I couldn't stop laughing every time I thought about it. Its a good thing I didn't use all the bread.

3 comments:

Fatty Pants said...

i always wanted to use a fire extinguisher...lucky.

Anonymous said...

i read your blog! i just never comment 'cause i'm a jerk.

-lisa

Anonymous said...

Bonnie Bear, I read your blog religiously but I don't comment because I'm super lazy.