Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth

Yesterday was fun. I basically did nothing but troll the internet and play with photoshop (see picture above) until like 4:30 when I started getting things ready for the party. Since I had no idea how many people were actually showing up it was annoying doing food prep. I now have quite a bit of meat in the fridge (heh). Anyhoo, Dave saved the day by using a shovel as a machete to rescue the bbq from the elephant grass. I now have a functioning bbq!! yay!

It wasn't a huge party, but the people who did show seemed to have a good time. A few of us walked to CSUN at 9pm to watch the Porter fireworks from the top of the parking structure. It ended up being a 360 fireworks show cause we could see them in every direction. Total good times. Upon returning I was coerced into a game of "flip cup" which was really fun cause the girls totally kicked the guys asses. I somehow again got roped into beer pong. My teammate Areeya was strangely amazing at this game. Unfortunately we ended up losing, but that's okay cause I was too drunk to care. Then the guys decided to set off fireworks...or wait, I think the fireworks were before beer pong. I don't even know anymore. 

I still can't believe that we set them off on the grass. That was stupid, but thankfully nothing caught on fire. We did have one fire mishap, but that was the citronella candle. Someone dropped a Dorito in and apparently they are highly flammable. The candle tin ended up getting so hot it melted the table under it. Then when Liz poured her water on it to kill the flame (which would not respond to my attempts at blowing it out) it fucking erupted and then died. So weird. 

After that Rey and I split a bottle of Patron (which was a totally bad idea) and that's about the point where I forget details. I know I ended up on my living room floor and Rey asked me if I was going to throw up and then I did. From that point I vaguely remember people helping me up and my sister helping change my clothes and get into bed. Apparently the party continued for another 2 hours with people making more food and setting off more fireworks. Rey got crazy with the lighter fluid and singed off some arm hair and maybe eyebrow. 

All in all, good times, but I think I'm gonna have to take a little break. Throwing up is like the worst thing that could ever happen to me and I am in no hurry to do it again. 

Now is time for sleep.

-------UPDATE--------
So I found out from my sister that after the Patron shots with Rey I went to lay down on the floor and people were handing me shot after shot of vodka. When Emily finally noticed that I was mindlessly consuming alcohol she made them stop, but unfortunately it was too late cause I threw up on the carpet anyway. 

Just wanted to clarify that it WAS NOT MY FAULT that I threw up. If people had left me alone once I settled onto the floor I would've been fine. Jerks. 

No comments: