Friday, November 28, 2008

I ate my weight in mashed potatoes

Highlights of Thanksgiving:
  • Being greeted by my aunt with "Hey! Bonnie's here! Come have a jello shooter!"
  • Getting smashed before dinner (courtesy of the jello shooters and delicious AMFs)
  • Watching my mom get smashed before dinner time (courtesy of the jello shooters)
  • Seeing my cousins from up North and listening to them talk about their love lives (I live vicariously, in case you haven't figured this out)
  • Filling 2/3 of my plate with mashed potatoes, then returning for another couple of rounds. 
  • Crescent rolls with cinnamon sprinkled on top and honey in the middle
  • Everyone realizing that Josh was missing and yelling for his name for 5 minutes straight (my aunt has lungs on her)
  • Finding out 20 minutes later that he had passed out in the other room and never heard us (even though the connecting door was right next to us)
  • Seeing a bad ass shooting star while waiting for the car to warm up

Lowlights...?
  • Drunk Uncle Howdy (and we thought he was awkward sober!)
  • Waiting 6 hours for mashed potatoes (if I had known,  I would have stopped at In N Out on the way)
  • The majority of appetizers being fish related (eeeeeewwwww!)
  • The headache that followed getting smashed before eating

All in all, it was a fun day. I got to see family that I only see on occasions such as these and we always have good times. Mari clinged to me like she used to when she was really little so it was kind of adorable and nostalgic. Grandpa was also really cute talking about the family. And he never once mentioned kicking the bucket! Now I must go gird my loins for black friday. Off I go...

No comments: