Saturday, November 1, 2008

At least I got to see some lightning...

I just woke up to the furious pounding of rain upon my bedroom windows. My first thought was: "What is that sound?". My second thought: "Shit. I didn't finish cleaning up outside.". Crap.

So as per my usual routine post-any sort of bash, I put away all traces of food (I don't need no 'coons eating my garbage) and anything else I think my be appealing to critters or breakable. After that I usually leave the cups/bottles/cans and such for next day clean up since there are so many. Since its Halloween, I also had decorations just chillin' out there. 

Once I heard it slamming down on the roof, I went to ask Emily if she thought we should go cover up some shit. Apparently, her only worry was the electrical equipment (good point, I hadn't thought of that) so I threw on a hoodie and flipflops and started bringing in shit. Man, the more I brought in, the more stuff I realized I did not want to get wet. So after bringing in all the important stuff, I tore down the black tablecloths from the hallway and threw them over the tables, using various bottles to hold them down. 

It was at about this time when I remembered we had to do this same thing last year. I thought it was "live and learn". Apparently its "live and completely forget until a year later and about 4 hours to late for any practical application of the knowledge". Frak. 

No comments: