Saturday, November 29, 2008

Close call

On Thursday morning I was elected as the grocery store runner. Since I was at my grandmother's/parent's house in Sylmar, this meant driving to the VONS on Foothill. Whilst on this little excursion I realized something. The Sayre fire came really fucking close to their house. When it was happening the news never really expanded on where exactly it was and that stupid interactive map was vague and not useful. I took the fact that my parents didn't get evacuated to be indicative of their safety. I was wrong. I drove past houses three streets down with fire damage. It scared the shit out of me. 
Then we took the 210 to the 5 to get to my Uncle's house for dinner. There are no words. If you live in the SFV or surrounding areas you need to make this drive. Its sobering. Especially going past the mobile home park. Talk about complete devastation. 

No comments: