Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I've subconciously begun looking at one bedroom apartments in the LA area. Its not like I could actually afford to move out, but its nice to dream.

Anywho, I am beyond bored at the moment as I sit in my grandparents' kitchen, but I am hestitant to leave because I have infected the rest of the household and feel dutybound to nurse them back to health as they did me.

I want to start on that diet blog, but I really need to figure out a way to make a lot of money quickly since this Europe trip is only two months away. I've basically come to terms with the fact that I will only be eating ramen and such for the next couple of months, but I'm okay with that.

Here is my estimation of debts that need to be paid prior to this trip:

Credit Cards (if monthly charge remains the same) = $270
Rent = $900
Utilities = $500-650 (this is a total guesstimation)
Gas = $100 (I'm seriously considering walking to work henceforth, which will also help my weightloss goal)
Currently unpaid debts to others = $124 (this is not including what I owe Emily for hostels, travel, etc.)
Food = $300 (hopefully this will be possible)

Total expenses = $2344

I will make an estimated $3600 from my current job between now and March 8th.

Total money left over = $1256

The amount of money that I want to save/put towards the trip is $3,000

I need to figure out a way to make $1744 in the next two months from somewhere other than my current employment.

Now, Kellie and I discussed selling our plasma (yes blood, ew!), but even if I do the maximum donations per week for the next 9 weeks, that will still only garner me $540, which leaves me with $1204 I still need to make somehow. I'd sell my eggs but it seems to be a long/complicated process. Maybe when I get back.

For now, I'm gonna start looking into local places of employment (would you like fries with that?) but this whole recession crap is probably gonna make this difficult. What I really need is to win some giant lump sum of $$$$.

The even more difficult aspect of this is that I don't need the $3000 on March 8th but before hand in order to buy all the stuff we need for travelling (i.e. railpasses, hostel stays, etc.). I really only plan on bringing enough for food and entry to museums and such. My souvenirs are going to be entirely of the photographic variety (and maybe a hot boytoy to bring home with me).

So 2010 is going to begin with several complications, but at least I won't have to worry about school nonsense. Woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you go sell plasma, I want to go... more like, I HAVE TO GO, haha.