Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Treat your friend as if he might become an enemy." -Publilius Syrus

I ran into a friend who then became an ex-friend and is now I guess an acquaintance. It is weird. I haven't talked to them since a casual "Hello" like 4-5 months ago. It was strange because we don't actively avoid each other, but there is no deliberate contact made between us. Well today I ran into them as I was walking home from school and had a really fun conversation with them for like a half hour. We kind of caught up with each other's lives and talked about the Twilight movie for awhile and it was awesome. Clearly we are on friendly terms. Now I am confused. Are we friends?


Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
-George Washington

No comments: