Sunday, September 7, 2008

No appropriate title for this post without sounding bitchy or insensitive

I just finished watching United 93. Oh dang. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to start watching a film guaranteed to emotionally rape me this early in the morning. I think I did a good job of restraining most of the tears, but my eyes have had a continual gloss for the past 2 hours. Man, this was too soon for me. I totally would not have been able to watch this when it first came out. Although whilst viewing the film I realized that I still have my VHS tapes of the news broadcasts and the telethon thing. Why did I think this was something I wanted to tape for viewing later? I was seriously effed in the head as a teenager. 

It was a good film, though, and it totally got me all patriotic again. It was like a visit to D.C. minus the airfare and god awful humidity. I think I shall wear R,W&B on thursday to show my support. I can't believe its been 7 years. Time does fly. 

The one thing I didn't like was that there was no clear progression of time. I mean, clearly it was all the same day, but I think a nifty clock like they have in 24 would've helped to better represent how quickly all this shit went down (no pun intended, I'm not BTP). 

I got my review at work tonight. Overall, I was very happy with the assessment of my performance thus far. I also completely agree on the "needs to be improved" bit. I am excited about the possibilities for the future. Cannot wait to build my merch team. 

Next week looks good, schedule-wise. Saturday especially since I open with the one and only KTP. Good times shall be had. 

Also, I washed my car today and, as a result, cannot stop admiring how it shines in the sun. I literally just stood and admired it for a good 2 minutes before running errands. I am lame, but its the small pleasures that keep me going. For reals. 

I wish there really was a "happy pill" because this bitch has been a total, well, bitch recently and I am getting sick of myself. I keep starting the day thinking I will be happy and peppy today and it dies after the first customer I help, or the first horrible driver I am stuck behind. I think I need a vacation or a shot of happy sometime soon. 

Haha! *Die Hard is on TNT! I guess its terrorist movie night. Ooh. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Well, doubtless I shall watch Bruce Willis barefoot nonetheless. I am so jealous, he was in the Sherman Oaks store the other day! They get all the movie stars. Lame. 

TTFN


*At least its not Die Hard 2.

1 comment:

KTP said...

Oh Bonnie. You have no idea how much I adore you for doing the same thing I do when I get my car washed or wash it myself. I just tilt my head to the side a little and have a little self-satisfied smirk on think, "How lovely."