Thursday, September 18, 2008

Isn't it ironic?

I was just reminded of a scene from my childhood. 

I was one of those little girls that needed all of my Barbies in the bathtub with me. I also had similar dolls that were different Disney princesses. So on one particular day I decided that I wanted to have Ariel included in the bathtime soiree and in she went into her much familiar environment. It was the usual fun and games of me washing each dolls hair as my mother washed mine all leading to the eventual inch of water on the bathroom floor. 

I usually was assigned to Barbie removal in the morning and nothing could have prepared me for what I encountered the next day. Imagine my surprise when I pick up Ariel only to discover that Ariel had become...seasick? Yes, my Ariel doll's head was green. I, to this day, have no idea how this happened. Just her head. Even at that tender age, I recognized the irony, even if I didn't know the word. 

I love the randomness of life and its little mysteries. 

No comments: