Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And then...?

Yesterday was interesting.

I gave a self definition speech in my speech class and it was a little awkward. The eight people before me told the story of their lives or why the objects that they brought in are their favorite movie and shit. Neither of these really tell you how they define themselves. I talked about what defines me and then immediately felt like I should have just given my life story. I hate talking about my self to strangers. 

Then, an hour and a half later, I had to read one of my poems aloud and have it workshopped by my classmates. Also, very awkward to sit there and not say a word when people attack your word choice or hypothesize on the intention of the poem. It didn't turn out badly, though. Strangely, its appearing that I am rather adept at poetry, for all my hatred of analyzing the stuff. 

It was off to work after school and it started out well. I saw KTP for awhile, which is always fun, and rock/paper/scissored her into not going to class. I'm a bad influence. Pretty much as soon and she and Preston left, it got crazy. The walkie pirate paid us a visit and Patrick declared that we shouldn't use walkies for the rest of the night. That made it really difficult to communicate with each other and impossible for anyone to do recovery. 

Plus, everyone and their mother decided to either call or come in last minute to take advantage of the boxed set coupon (I bought P&P; the Colin Firth version, of course!). So, it was busy, we had minimal means of communication, we didn't really have a huge staff on hand, and we had a couple of problem customers. 

Every time I picked up my papers to start working on merch, someone needed something. So, as a result, all I did yesterday was the queue line. Lame.  Now I have tons of shit to get done today, and have to deal with stupid farmers market. 

So not looking forward to getting out of bed. 


No comments: