Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Stop reminiscing. Forget the past. Get a girlfriend." -Tony Curtis' advice to another old man

So last night was the Tony Curtis event at work and he is the cutest old man ever! I think its because he so shamelessly a womanizer. When he got there, he just chilled in his wheelchair by the front door talking to Jen and any customers that approached him. When I walked up he grabbed my hand and asked my name. After repeating it several times for him (he is old, after all) he said "Nice to meet you, Bonnie" and kissed the back of my hand. Then when they tried to get him to go upstairs he said no, cause he wanted to shop awhile. So I offered my assistance and he took my arm and we wandered around a bit and he asked me questions. So cute! Eventually he did go upstairs and do the signing and all that jazz. And fortunately he signed my memorabilia, even though the official rules were that he wouldn't sign anything but the book. I waited in line with my parents and we took a picture together with him and we all look precious. When I thanked him for signing my stuff he winked and said 'You're welcome'. 

According to David, he also said that his favorite thing in the world was "Tits", which is such a dirty old man thing to say, but it made me laugh really hard. Also when his drink was pretty much finished and he only had about a centimeter of drink and an inch of whipped cream in the cup, he asked David to refill it with whipped cream and bring him a spoon. This is my kind of man. He's so cute!

It was thoroughly enjoyable. 

Other than that, work is work. The new guy is a little bit of a douche, but that seemed inevitable, what with the circumstances surrounding his getting the position in the first place. 
Well, nobody's perfect.  

3 comments:

Fatty Pants said...

new guy? douche? splain.

i'm sad i missed Tony Curtis :(

Kennya said...

New guys is a creeper. Fo' sho.'

Anonymous said...

BOO! I'm sad I missed Tony Curtis too.