Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm currently reading "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell and the following passage made me smile.

Discussing the ramifications of Rules of Engagement:
"And I know one thing for certain. If I ever rounded a mountainside in Afghanistan and came face to face with Osama bin Laden, the man who masterminded the vicious, unprovoked attack on my country, killing 2,752 innocent American civilians in New York on 9/11, I'd shoot him dead, in cold blood.

At which point, urged on by an outraged American media, the military would probably incarcerate me under the jail, nevermind in it. And then I'd be charged with murder.

Tell you what. I'd still shoot the sonofabitch."

And that leads me to my reminder that Epic Fourth of July Party is fast approaching and we need your RSVPs ASAP. Lots of fun stuff in store for those who attend! I promise!

No comments: