Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I so didn't want to go to class tonight. I'm still recovering from the awesome weekend and work is stressing me out. The last thing I wanted to do was spend 3 hours discussing a book I didn't read and failing a quiz on said novel. Also I was terrified to find out what I got on that horrible paper I turned in two weeks ago.

The following are reasons why I am glad I did go:
  • There was no quiz!!!! I don't know why and I am not going to ask.
  • My teacher spent the first 15 minutes of class talking about how not funny Dane Cook is. While I do enjoy his comedy, it was pretty amusing listening to my teacher break down exactly why he thinks Dane Cook is a post-structuralist comic.
  • We read "The Awakening" and it's set in a Creole society. Thus, all the names are French. My teacher obsessively corrected everyone's pronunciation of the name Robert, making sure that it was always said like "row-bear". Which, of course, made me think of Robot.
  • There is this girl who sits to my right and she is ugly. I have this strange fascination with her face. If she is talking I literally cannot look away. Today I discovered that I unconsciously make ugly faces while I do this. Oops!
  • This same girl also said "because of the times" at least 3 times with every comment she made. I don't know why, but it was highly amusing to me. I'm pretty sure she didn't realize exactly how many times she said it (38).
  • While talking about how the character Edna essentially abandons her children, my teacher yells out "I ABANDONED MY CHILD!!!" in perfect Daniel Day Lewis impersonation.
  • And last, but definitely not least, I GOT A FRAKING B ON MY PAPER!!! Woot Woot! That thing was such a piece of shit. I think I sat there in shock for a full on ten minutes.

1 comment:

ROBOT ON said...

I read The Awakening in High School.

There was a naked lady on my book, so I drew clothes on her.