Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Two poems in one week, its a record!

I cannot: Break
your fall
into her, Grace
Be with you
when nightmares melt
to waking dreams--all lies
Claim to hold the truth
protected between the I and You.

So walk with Grace
alongside the running
stream of now and then,
reflecting what is and was,
where I and You have drifted 
leaving their truth to fight through
murky waves of Grace 
You and I cannot break. 


Well its a rough draft. I wrote it during my adolescent lit class so it sort of has that teenage angsty feel to me. I definitely have to work out the kinks on structure, punctuation and all that jazz, but I was pretty satisfied with the word usage. We shall see what changes and what remains the same. I also need a title.

The past couple days have actually been quite nice. After Friday I was able to kind of put the whole job situation to the back of my mind and focus on other things like family and friends. Tomorrow Emily and I will be face painting at a Purim festival for 3 hours and that should be interesting. We are potentially going to be making $90-120 each so it'll be sweet to have some extra cash. 

Also I have been researching and, if all goes well, Em and I might be able to take a quick trip up North this weekend. We'd be making stops in Seattle, Forks, Portland, Redwood Forest, and San Francisco. The trip will cost about $200 but I super want to do this. I'm not getting my hopes up about anything anymore though, so we'll see. 

Saturday was my Grandpa's birthday party and I spent a good couple of hours talking with my mom and aunts about traveling through Europe. My mom and Tia Evie are way against this idea because a)they're generally inclined to worry and b)my aunt has seen Taken. My Tia Tree (who has the same birthday as me) on the other hand took a 3 month trip when she was 23 and had an amazing time. She is absolutely determined that I do this and has told me she will help me plan it when I want to go. I am so down with this idea. I just need the money, which is really the main issue. 

On a completely unrelated note: I have decided to attempt to recreate a fanfic of mine into a regular work of fiction. At this point I am thinking it'll probably end up being a short story, but I'm not quite sure it will fit the criteria. I shall have to write it and then investigate. I made this decision based upon the realization that I am freakin' good at writing fanfic, but lack the motivation to create works of original fiction. So I've decided to compromise and try to rewrite my existing plot/story lines using completely original characters. I think for this first attempt I shall keep the occupations of the main characters the same and just create my own world. I know this probably sounds like a no brainer to most, but knowing the story like I do its actually quite tricky to accomplish this without it sounding like a rewritten work of fanfiction. Anyways, we shall see when I actually get down to business with this since I have to do a comparative analysis of a literary review for Thursday and write a 10 minute play for Monday. Not to mention an in-class analysis of a poem on Thursday as well. Its Midterm season if you haven't guessed. 


1 comment:

Fatty Pants said...

Purim is a Jewish Festival if I'm not mistaken. Hahaha. I'm excited to see how that goes for you.

Travel through Europe! Preferably not by yourself though. Find a travel buddy. Where do you want to go?

Also, way to be a champion and haul yourself out to NoHo last night. Good job.

word verif: uperingo
Example: (read as an Australian or Cockney please) She made me so mad aye shoved it up 'er ingo!