Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
-Albert Einstein

  • The Dollar Girl
This girl/woman walks up to me. Based on her appearance it is clear that she is "special".  I ask her if she needs assistance and she asks what we have for $1. I think about it and am pretty sure that 2 lindor balls are pretty much her only option. I try to explain this, but she doesn't really understand and keeps repeating "on dollar?". I eventually take her to the register and show her the candy that she can get and she is disappointed. Then she proceeds to pick up random items and ask if they are $1. I reply in the negative each time. She thanks me and walks away. 20 minutes later she comes back to me and asks again what she can get for $1. She also does the picking up random items thing. Then she asks what pens we have for $1 so I took her into the PC area and FINALLY found a notebook was marked down to $1. So I took her to the register and had Robot ring her up. It was then that we found out that she literally only had 1 dollar bill. I was so willing to fork over the 8 cents just to make it stop. Not exactly crazy, but she definitely drove me crazy.

  • Magazine Man
A gentleman approaches the info desk and asks if we have a specific magazine in store (Country Gardens). I take a look at the list of periodicals we carry and tell him that it is not something we have in the store. He looks at me like I'm retarded and repeats the title. I repeat my answer. He then decides to "double check" using the computer to look on our website for it. I tried to tell him that he wouldn't find it, but he insisted on searching. His search, predictably, turned up negative. He then turns to me "Well, where am I gonna get this?". I told him to try the newsstand on Devonshire and Reseda. He tells me "I better find it there". Um, okay. Or what?

  • Cross-bearing Customer
I was at FOS and turned around to see a gentleman kneeling on the tile by the front entrance.I was about to go ask him if he needed anything when he lifts up his Borders bag in his left hand and starts to pray. It is then that I notice the GIANT wooden cross hanging from his neck. He continues for about 3 minutes and then exits. WTF?

*******************************************************************************

So I am really proud of myself for surviving a whole day in heels. 
I had a pair of slip-ons in my purse just in cases.

I still have yet to finish all the homework due tomorrow. I just don't want to deal with anymore poetry.




2 comments:

Fatty Pants said...

where did the words go??

God said...

i don't know what the hell happened to this post. You should've seen what blogger originally spit out. It was crazy fragmented and had individual letters on one line and shit. I had to like go back and forth and manually try to fix it. This is the best I could do.