Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life's on the phone. They said they're coming over to punch you in the face.

I just found out that the reason my grandfather got leukemia was because he and my grandmother were in Europe when the fallout from Chernobyl blew over. This was also the cause of my grandmother's Breast Cancer.

Its weird listening to my mom talk about this because I've been trying to get her to talk to me for a long time and, now that she's explaining all this stuff I was so oblivious to as a teenager, I'm overwhelmed by the reality of it all.





Even with my awareness of the global repercussions of this incident, all I can think is how much I miss my pappaw.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Holy Cow!!! That's terrible Bonnie Bear.

Fatty Pants said...

wow, that's a lot of red dots :(
boo-urns.