Monday, April 20, 2009

On Friday I was sitting in bed with my computer charging and resting on my knees, as I got my daily fix of internet trolling. At one point my screen went slightly darker than usual, signaling that the charger had disconnected, and I leaned over to put it back into the socket. I was surprised to find that it was connected to both my computer and the socket. Upon further observation I found that the magnetic part that connects to the computer got so hot while charging that it melted the plastic wire casing and the wire within snapped. Lame.

After work I went to the Apple Store to discover that a new charger costs 80 freakin' dollars! At that point, that was exactly how much I had in my checking account. Emily suggested I look on ebay for a cheaper one, but at this moment I really don't even have any money to spare so I am stuck sans computer til after Friday when we get paid. Even then, I'm not sure I can afford anything until May or when I get my tax return (which ever is sooner). So right now I am using my sister's computer that requires an entire day to charge and even when you use it has to be plugged in and the screen dims and brightens every couple of seconds. I hate technology.

No comments: