Thursday, February 5, 2009

That's the last time

I just have to say that I did that stupid 25 things list for Kaitlin and she hasn't even commented on it. That's the last time I give into peer pressure. I'm deleting that post on Sunday cause you really don't need to know that shit and I kinda don't want it sitting and festering on the interwebs.


In other news, my poetry workshop class is ridiculous. I had this same teacher for a poetry workshop last semester and I enjoyed it. But these people do NOT understand how this is supposed to function. In a normal workshop the poet reads the poem and then a primary respondent goes through the poem with a fine toothed comb and discusses what they do and do not like. From there it is open to the class to discuss the same, one person at a time. Sounds simple. Apparently it is not. 

It frustrated the shit out of me that everyone was talking OVER each other. Like, what the fuck is the poet supposed to do when they can even understand what people are saying? It was stupid. Then one of the guys didn't get to read his poem cause his primary respondent just starting discussing it. There is also this one guy who wants to make everything vulgar. He thought my poem was about a girl who wants to have a one-night stand. He would not let go of this idea and eventually my teacher got so fed up that she made him stop talking. Then when we were workshopping his poem (which, surprise surprise, is about a guy who wants to fuck) he kept explaining what his poem is about. Dude, the rules are simple for the poet. Read the poem, take notes. How hard is it?! 

Anyway, the zoo was so much fun! I saw giraffes, flamingoes, monkeys, lions (rawr trick! get out my face!), tigers, bears (kellie already did it), kangaroos, koalas, & baby animals! I took lots of pictures but I have no memory left on my hard drive and thus cannot upload the photos. Eventually they'll end up on my computer. 

I'm gonna hit the sack. Goodnight John-boy.

2 comments:

Fatty Pants said...

Wait, no! I started a blog that contained commentary on the 25 things thing! I have comments! I was just consolidating!

Fatty Pants said...

there, all posted. no more anger at my slowness please.