Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beaches and Bitching

Yesterday was fan-fucking-tastic. I had no work so I slept in until 12:30pm and hopped right into lunch. Then I pretty much watched the boob tube and went online whilst eating ice cream. Then around 5 I met up with Kellie, Jason, Robert, Preston, Terin, and Kennya and we headed out to Korean BBQ at Bull Soom Jeep (I think?) in L.A. It was loads of fun and super delicious. Then we went on an adventure trying to find Scoops, this really hippie little hole in the wall ice cream shop that has the strangest flavors. I had strawberry-jasmine and I liked it, even though it seemed like no one else did. Oh well. I was proud of myself for stepping out of the comfort zone. After that we headed back to the store and decided to take an impromptu trip to the beach. So we loaded up in Bob and picked up Jason's lady friend and ended up on this tiny strip of beach somewhere between santa monica and malibu. It was nice and secluded and we had waaaaaaaay too much fun. Robert made up some game where we try to put our sticks closest to the water without getting wet and that pretty much made up for me being a fat ass all day. Then Kellie and Robert collectively made this awesome picture in the sand. Unfortunately, KTP's camera battery died minutes prior so the only evidence is on Robert's phone. Since we were so close, we decided to introduce the other 3 to the wonders of watching planes land and that was definitely good times. Especially when we had to circle through the airport. Good times. 

So we launched the Bargain Blowout and while it does look tacky, it doesn't quite look like we are going out of business. On a somewhat happy note, I spent 7 hours and 55 minutes of my shift not butting heads with Ken. Unfortunately, in those last five minutes the scanner on Reg 5 stopped scanning and when I told Ken, he took that as me foisting the problem off on him. When in reality, it literally was me asking him what I am supposed to do. For the first 5 minutes he wouldn't give me an answer. He did that thing where you ask that person the same question over and over again, assuming that at some point they will miraculously come up with an answer, despite the fact that their question is actually the person's question. Its retarded. At one point he said "What would you do if I wasn't here?" and walked away. Honestly, I'd call Kellie, I guess since he never trained me on how to do shit. Well, I guess 5 minutes is pretty good considering. 

I've just spent 3 hours working on the Breaking Dawn party. On my own time. Hopefully I covered all the bases. We shall see on the morrow. Now I am le tired. 

3 comments:

Fatty Pants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fatty Pants said...

i no longer feel remorse about missing the midnight showing.
100% whores!

KTP said...

Hahahaha! So I posted this blog that's saved as draft until I can attach pictures. And I even said that Kaitlin was going to call us whores. I need to post that soon.