Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blah blah blah...my pockets are empty.

I wish I never got sucked into the credit card mania, but I really wanted this one coat from Macy's way back when and the best way to afford it was to get a Macy's card. Thus began my downward spiral into debt. Sadly, I am now too fat to fit into said awesome coat. I suppose I should make that my goal: to fit into the coat that got me into debt. Then it will have kinda been worth it. As it is, I have suprisingly little to show for the thousands of dollars I now owe to various corporations. 

What brought this on? Well, since I get paid Friday and most of my bills are due prior to my next paycheck, I wanted to see exactly how much I would have to live on in the meantime. So I logged onto my various accounts and promptly was on the verge of tears. Even without consulting my calculator, it is painfully obvious that what I have in my account at this moment is what I am going to have to survive on for another two weeks. 

Apparently in this economic downturn, my credit card agencies have decided to bleed me dry. I expected maybe I'd paying a little more this month, however what I did not expect was for my minimum payment to be increased so drastically. Macy's was the worst offender. My normal payment due: $35. This month's payment due: $101. $101!!!!! WTF?  Chase was even more drastic. My normal payment due: $25. This month's payment due: $145. There are no words for how pissed I am. Keep in mind, I have made any purchases on these two cards in at least 3 months. Chase, those money hungry bastards, has increased my APR to 29.99%. And stupid Macy's increased it to 23.99%. Do they think I can just poop out 100 dollar bills or something. 

So now I am forced to call my stupid credit card companies and tell them that unless they want to receive a fucking virus with my next payment, they might want to calm the fuck down and not force me to sell my goddamn kidney to get out of debt. This is ridiculous and NOT something I wanted to deal with on my birthday. I already have the pressure of completely a story for submission tomorrow that I won't be embarrassed to have read by 20 people I hardly know. 

I need a drink. 

5 comments:

Fatty Pants said...

oh booo :( i'm sorry wifey, i'm glad you at least seemed to have fun tonight though! cider is a cure all :)

Joshua David Reyes said...

WOO! 120 on Visa and 22 on my Gap!

Kennya said...

Oh dear. I totally feel your pain. Let do Vodka shots as we open bills. They do it in confessions of a shopaholic, the movie. It looks like a fun drinking game. I'd be so wasted.

God said...

excellent idea

Anonymous said...

Josh... that was mean.

Sorry, Bonnie Bear :(