Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year! New Resolutions to Not Accomplish!

So here's my list of things that I want to accomplish but probably won't because I am lazy.
  • Not be poor
  • Get published in some sort of literary forum
  • Take my GRE test
  • Apply and get accepted to Michener College at The University of Texas in Austin for my MFA in Creative Writing (If I only accomplish one thing on this list PLEASE let this be it)
  • Not be poor
  • Write more
  • Get in shape
  • Connect more with friends. Especially those whom I have not seen in a while.
  • Save up enough money to afford some sort of trip either in summer or autumn
  • Date (<--this has become important in lieu of the recent string of engagements and weddings amongst my friends)
  • Not be poor
That's pretty much it. I really super want to be a Longhorn so that's one resolution I don't find myself failing at. However, the desire to not be poor is at least 50% dependent on outside influences such as work, bills, and my awful luck. Hopefully I can at least accomplish UT and getting in shape. Dating would be an added bonus, but again thats 50% dependent on someone being attracted to me in the first place.

We'll see how it goes in 2011, but rest assured I'll MAKE IT WORK!

No comments: