Thursday, July 31, 2008

If the earth is a rockin'...?

Breaking Dawn party is tomorrow. Am I ready? Can't really say. 

In other news: We had a bit of an earthquake the other day. It was quite fun actually. I was at work on the phone and the customer on the phone started freaking out. Our conversation went kind of like this:
   Me: Thank you for calling Borders, this is Bonnie. How can I help you?
   Him: Hi, yeah. Can you look up a title for me?
   Me: Sure, what's the title
(Before he can tell me I hear the quake coming)
   Me: Oh, earthquake. 
(It hits)
   Him: Oh my god! Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh my god! Oh shit! Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!
   Me: Are you okay?
   Him: My whole office building is shaking.
   Me: Well, its an earthquake.
   Him: Oh my god! Ohshitohshit!
(The shaking stops and Liz asks all customers and employees to evacuate)
   Him: Can you look up a book?
   Me: Sorry, we have to evacuate. Call back in ten. 

It was highly amusing. Plus I got to watch all the toddler time moms abandon their strollers and run out of the building with their children. Unfortunately we weren't outside for too long. I wanted to stay evacuated until my break. Boo-urns.

It was funnier because Kellie and I had been talking, two nights prior, about the '94 quake for a half hour. I told her this story how my sister and I used to share a room during that time. Our idea of cleaning our room was to shove everything under the bed or in the closet. It used to piss our mom off and she would complain that she wouldn't be able to get to us in an emergency situation. So the day before the earthquake we were forced to really clean our room from top to bottom. It was spotless. Then we had the quake which destroyed all of our hard work. So my sister and I claimed that if we clean our room it leads to earthquakes and banked on that excuse for a while. So the question one might ask is: what did you do the day before the earthquake Bonnie? 
 
The answer of course would be: I cleaned the whole house. hahahahahhahaha! My sister cleaned her room for the first time in like 3 months too. It was funny. I called her after the quake and we laughed about it. Then I called my mom and told her and she said "Don't use that as an excuse not to clean! It doesn't prove anything!"

I disagree, Mother, it is now twice proven. Booyah!
 
Where were you?

That is the question of the week I suppose.  

1 comment: